Tuesday, February 15, 2011

For you, dad.

NOTE: I started writing this post about 8 days ago, the day I got to know about my dad's illness and have been scared to post it. Just wasn't in the state of mind to post this or anything else.

This one is for you dad

For the past 6 days now, you have been in pain, so much pain that it has been the most difficult time for you. And it has changed you: Changed your health, your stamina, even your voice
The one person whom I never got any less than a "first class" whenever I asked "Kaise ho papa", imagine how my heart cried when I heard "Bete, bohot jyada pain hai" from the same person.
And me sitting, hundreds of miles away, couldn't do anything more than crying and praying for you.
And I cried because I could just hear your immense pain and helplessness in your voice
but I could not afford to be weak when talking to you
And I know, your health and recovery still has a long way to go
But promise me now, to be good to yourself and your health and body
and follow the diet and medicine regime strictly as directed by you doctor

and here's a song for you, which reminds me of you every time I hear it


Added today: It felt so good to hear your voice yesterday after such a long time.
Papa: Your strength is strength for all of us.

5 comments:

MindfulMeanderer said...

Hugsss. Wishing ur dad a speedy recovery.

Shilpa Garg said...

Wishing your dad a very speedy recovery!! Take care!

dialoguewithyou said...

Take care Parul :)
Sending loads of prayers and get well soon wishes for your dad.

Smita said...

Take care & be strong!

Pass on my wishes for speedy recovery to your dad!

Dil se said...

Thanks everyone for your wishes and prayers. My dad just got home yesterday from the hospital. Still a long way for his recovery though. But I am sure, he'll do it.