Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Thursday tunes

Has it ever happened to you that you likes a song so much, even though you do not understand the complete meaning of it?
Well, this song is some what like it. This song has always been one of my favorite ones
One, for the golden voice of Lata,
For the feeling that emanates from this song,
and then, me being not so knowledgeable about the urdu words, I started searching for the meaning of individual lines.
and once I got that, I have fallen in love with song, all over again.

Listen to the song for yourself, and also read the meaning of the lines, if you did not know already:



and I found the most detailed meaning of this song on this blog:
http://the-obvious-subtlety.blogspot.com/2008/09/meaning-of-song-dikhayi-diye-yun-ke.html

I remember seeing this movie a very long time back, and it had some very sad ening. But now I want to watch it again.
So, what do you feel about the song?

2 comments:

dialoguewithyou said...

Loved the melody :)
Thank you for sharing :D

Dil se said...

CB: Thanks. I am glad you liked it.