Saturday, March 27, 2010

Happy

I am happy today, like the one really happy :-)
and why, because I cleaned today !!
Well some of you may think I am crazy but I am pretty sure there are lots of cleanliness freaks out there like me who would be nodding their heads as I say this !!
So, after a long, long time, I really did some cleaning in my house today.
And now that I think about it, I don't think I have even spent this much time on cleaning ever since Aayush has been here !!
Now given that he is just getting ready to be 4, don't get an idea that I was living a house full of mess and dirt all the time. On other days, it was just enough to "get it done"
So, why this "safai ka bhoot" all of a sudden !!
Well. to begin with, I have some friends coming over to my place tomorrow, and they would be visiting this place of ours for the first time. And I did want to create a good impression.

Secondly, over the last few weeks, I have been repainting some of my kitchen cabinets, just to give my kitchen a new look. Now, that work was almost over, so I thought it would be a good time to do overall clean up.

But I must admit, after working for almost 5 hours, cleaning each and every corner of the house, I have this overly contended feeling. Even though I know, tomorrow morning, the quest to mess up this place will start all over again, thanks to Aayush and his dad !!

And, while we are on the subject of my kitchen cabinets, take a look at some of the before and after pictures of my cabinets:

BEFORE:





and this is the AFTER look:





Lot more changes in kitchen are still pending and need to do a lot of planning for those. Will share the pictures when all is done.

8 comments:

MindfulMeanderer said...

i agree! a clean house does give me immense satisfaction too! But its so tough to maintain it that way even for a day.. as both lil P & my hubby are waiting to mess it up again.

:) good going on the kitchen part. do post more pics

Kanupriya said...

wah wah, this "after" looks far cooler than "before" :)

Swaram said...

I can so agree with u ... its therapeutic! We r shifting and all that de-cluttering and giving away things brought a wide grin on my face ;)

indianhomemaker said...

Wow!! I loved the woody look and the white painted look both.

Please post more pictures of what changes you made... I also enjoy doing up my place and then re-doing it :)

indianhomemaker said...

Clean houses are very satisfying but I think it's only possible to keep the clean, clean if everybody at home does their bit.

Dil se said...

@MM: Yeah, same story in every house with a lilt kid, I guess :-)
@Kanupriya: Thanks. This kitchen now looks brighter too !!

Dil se said...

@Swaram: Thanks !! Hope your shifting is going okay.
IHM:Thanks. The woody look made my kitchen look too dark, so just decided to change it. changing counter tops and some appliances is still in process. Will post more updates when I am done.
And very true about the clean house - but there is only so mcuh you can do with a 4 yr toddler running around in the house :-)

Reflections said...

They look gr8. U knw wht, I too have white cabinets in my kitchen...people tell me I'm crazy to have white in the kitchen but the clean & bright look it gives the kitchen is sooo worth it.

Hope ur time with friends went off good:-))!!!!