Friday, August 14, 2009

Little things go a long way

Every morning after I reach work, the first thing I need is my cup of coffee before I can get my head into work. And I am generally the last one to go to cafeteria to get my coffee (and that is because royal me gets to work late after dropping my little prince to his school :-))

So this morning, when I went to cafeteria to get my coffee, I noticed that the coffee mate machine (used to dispense creamer) was leaking. When I went to the billing counter, I told this to the cafeteria lady that her coffee mate machine was leaking all over. She immediately went inside and fixed it. When she came back, she said "All morning people have come here and had their coffee and left. Nobody bothered to even let me know. Your coffee and bagel is on me today. Enjoy !!"


11 comments:

Meira said...

good deed merits good results . great :)

Dil se said...

@Meira: Very true !!

shilpa said...

Ohh that is such a nice start to the day na?

Dil se said...

@shilpa: It really is. So much so,that I was looking for another leaking coffee mate this morning :-))

Solilo said...

Now that's a fabulous start to the day! :)

Sara said...

Good job, you sure must've enjoyed the treat!And I love your new blog banner,looks pretty!

Dil se said...

@Solilio: Yeah that is !! A coffee and bagel for hungry me in the morning !!
@Sara: I did enjoy the treat. The banner thing, yeah, I am trying to experiment some new things on the blog. So this is first one of them. Glad you liked it.

Kanupriya said...

Hey thanx for dropping by my blog, came here thru that :), loved ur posts and ur gesture was indeed helpful for that cafeteria lady :)

Dil se said...

Thanks Kanu !! And welcome to the blog.

Reflections said...

Nice:-))....I'm just the same:-).

Mumbai Diva said...

that was nice.

i HAVE to have coffee first thing too. Simply cannot function otherwise :D