Tuesday, July 16, 2013

For it's (was) your B'day



July 10th: It is your B'day today, and you know how much it means for me. And more importantly, I hope you realise how important you are for me. It has never been in our blood, to tell each other how much the other one matters to us. So neither 6 of us, I think, have ever told how much we depend on each other or how much each person matters to us.Because, you see, deep inside, we are all broken and shattered for some reason or other and that's what has tied us all together.

Today, when I talked to you, something was missing from your voice. Can't pinpoint what, but there was something that was just not there. So, I decided to write, through this indirect medium, to tell you how much I care for you and how much you mean for me.
My memories are full of you and the other two: Right from those days of childhood which are etched in my memory. Whether it is the scene of 3 sisters fighting over who will hold the handle of the stroller holding their little brother on those lanes in Ranchi, and in that fight completely forgetting the stroller on the road.
Or those silly songs and games we used to make up just to make you giggle and laugh.
Or those tears when the school aayaah used to take you to the school and you used to cry uncontrollably
Or those rushed mornings to put your school books and homework in bag to make sure you get to school in time (which was just opposite the house)
Or checking your lunch box as you came back to eat that last one piece that you left for me
Or seeing the younger one beat up one of the neighboring kids just because he hurt you

Life has been pretty rough for each one of us
Not exactly the kind any of us would have wished for
We all went through phases we wished we can forget forever or got into decisions we wished were never taken for us.
But then, that is what is called life.
No, I am not telling you to just accept the way it is and go on it.
I want you to be the fighter and not just the survivor
I want you to be the change and not just the result
I want you to take the life as it is and make it the way you want it
And most of all, I want you to be HAPPY

And whenever it gets to the point, when it is just too much, remember these words:

“Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.” – Carl Bard

“Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. it means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.” - Unknown

And then, always remember that there is someone far far away out there who cares for you in ways no one ever can and loves you a lot.You are in each of the prayers and wishes I sent across when I see a star, pray to him or just have a quiet moment by myself. And I see you and your childhood all re-winded to the start as I see Aayush growing up, reliving each moment that I miss so much. I see so much of you in him, almost everyday.

Here's wishing you the best of very best for you on your special day.
Not all that you ever wanted for you, but wishing that He gives you the strength and willpower to achieve what you want for yourself.
And that you are always surrounded by the ones who love and care for you.

Pic source: http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv80/orkutem/miss-you-brother-quotes5.jpg

No comments: