Saturday, August 6, 2011

THE PROUST QUESTIONNAIRE

I read about this questionnaire on Shobha De's blog and liked the questions, so decided to go ahead and put my responses to those.

What is your idea of happiness?
Doing what I like to do at that particular moment. It can be as simple as humming a melodeous song, playing with a kid, just sitting and watching a sunset or just being alone by myself, doing nothing.

What is your greatest fear?
Of losing the ones I love the most.

Which historical figure do you most identify with?
Am not a history buff, so very hard for me to say that.
But genetically, I have lots of traits from my mom, dad, my nani, my dadi and one of my bua too !!

Which living person do you most admire?
A lot of people; but in general anyone who is positive, has a good sense of humour and one I can relate to.

What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
My temper. I have no control over it and often regret when I lose it.

What is the trait you most deplore in others?
Selfishness, double standards, not keeping their word.

What is your greatest extravagance?
It has changed over the years. At one point of time, I was obsessed with greeting cards. I could not get out of a gift shop without buying a greeting card with nice wordings on it (Didn't matter that there was no forthcoming occassion to give it to anyone)

Then I moved to audio cassettes. I absolutely had to add a new audio cassette to my collection almost every week.

Then I moved to lipsticks, give me any shade !
Now it is accessories. I love to indulge in bracelets, earrings, necklaces, toerings, anything.

What is your favourite journey?
There was this one trip I took with just my sisters and brother, from delhi to Hissar once several years back. I had come back from US and we had to go there for my cousins marriage. My parents had already gone there a day before and they arranged a car for all of us to get there. I can still remember and miss every moment of that trip.

Other than that, I enjoy my frequent trips to my memory lane.
I go back there pretty often.

Who is your favourite painter?
I am not so much into paintings, so I don't have any favorites there.
I am more into music and RDB/Gulzar is my  absolute favorite.

What do you consider the most overrated virtue?
Being frank and direct. I have seen the people fire out worst of things on the pretext "I am very frank and direct. I do not keep anything inside me"
Well, I think they should !!


On what occasion do you lie?
When the truth is so harsh that it will break a heart or a relation.

What do you dislike most about your appearance?
Let's say it this way: I wish I was a bit taller.

Which living person do you most despise?
If you ask "most", there is one person and I would name that person on this platform.

What is your greatest regret?
Expressing my feelings in words for some when I shouldn't have
Never expressing my feelings in words for some when I should have.

What or who is the greatest love of your life?
My God, my family and my beliefs, in that order.

When and where were you happiest?
There is a part of my life I spent in Varanasi; that truly was the happiest phase of my life.

What is your present state of mind?
Very restless and confused and scared and anxious. Well, what else do you expect from a almost 32 week preggers :-)

How would you like to die?
I am very scared of death. So I can never plan how I'd like to die.
May be these lines can tell something:

"jab hum naa honge, jab humaaree khaank pe tum rukoge chalte chlate
ashkon se bheegee chaandanee mein yek sadaa see suno ge chalte chalte
wahee pe kahee hum tum se milenge, ban ke kalee, ban ke saba, baage wafa mein !!"

What is your favourite motto?
Live for the moment, because once gone, it will never be the same.

I enjoyed going through these questions as I searched within myself for the answers. If you find it interesting, go ahead and take it up too. Would love to read through your answers too !!

1 comment:

WiseAss said...

Hi, this is Vrushali from Femina magazine, Mumbai. I wished to feature your blog in the magazine. Could you email me on vrushali.femina@gmail.com so we can discuss this further? Bit urgent. Thanks!