Monday, June 20, 2011

You made my day today

Thanks a bunch to the not-so-familiar coworker of mine
you just made my day today with your pleasant comment
specially on days when I am immersed head-to-toe in work and trying to manage a huge schedule and a wobbly body with equally huge belly

Your sweet comment which said "I really think you look really beautiful these days. This is a special time, so enjoy it and don't let anyone bring you down" really perked me up.

There are some things which we all may know but at times, just need to hear it from someone else.
I am just at that phase.
Just when I was tired of listening nasty comments like
"You sure you not having twins? you sure look like you are going to have a bunch of them"
or
"You look like you are ready to pop any time now"
or
"You sure this one is going to wait for the whole time?" (My first one was born pre-term)

Seriously people, most of the times, these jokes don't amuse me. If you do not have something nice to say, just don't say anything.

So, between all these, your comments came like a breeze of fresh air.

A big and sincere thanks to you and I hope your day also turns out bright and happy as mine.

7 comments:

MindfulMeanderer said...

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! Congratulations!! :) Big tight hugs. Pregnancy is a beautiful time. :) Wishing u the very best. So excited for you.

Shilpa Garg said...

Awww!! That's such a wonderful mood lifter, day maker any time!! Wishing you the very best!! :)

Comfy said...

People actually say things like these? I mean seriously? They need a course in 'What not to say to a pregnant woman'

I am so glad you got to relax and smile because of simple words by someone. :)

BK Chowla, said...

It is good to have firend and colleagues who say what they mean.

Dil se said...

@Shruthi: Thanks so much. This is indeed a beautiful time :-)
@Shilpa: Thanks for the wishes.

Dil se said...

@Comfy: Being at the receiving end, I have received such comments. And I just ignored them thinking may be it's my harmones making me mad at some comments thay may have made in humour !!But I agree, they do need a course :-)

Dil se said...

@BK Chowla: Right, it's great to have such coworkers