Friday, June 3, 2011

Step(up)Mother

Kids... they have the weirdest imaginations and explanations for everything and anything they hear around

My son's best friend lives with her dad and step mom. I knew about it after meeting them at a B'day party but I wasn't aware whether Aayush knew it or not. And I never specially mentioned it to him too.

so yesterday evening, after he was back from school, he tells me: "Do you know Heather is Gabby's step mom?"
I said "Really? I didn't know know that. But, do you know what is step mom?"

And his response was: "Yes, one who steps up to be your mom !!"

Now isn't that some unusual definition :-)

5 comments:

Shilpa Garg said...

Very profound indeed!! Stepping up all the efforts, love, care... to be a kid's Mom!! :)

weourlife said...

That's the best definition so far I heard :)

BK Chowla, said...

Your child seems to be very observant

Raam Pyari said...

lols!
interesting and in a way true!

Dil se said...

@Shilpa: Right Shilpa, and I never looked at this way.

@weourlife: Right, I agree.

@ BK Chowla: Yes I can definitely say that. He observes the people, what they say, how they react, everything a lot.

@Raam Pyari: Very true indeed !!