Saturday, March 5, 2011

Yeh lamha filhaal jee lene do

Something good is happening in my life these days... something so good that I had been waiting for it for a long long time and I had almost given up hope on it.
But finally it happened !! And I am excited, anxious, scared all at the same time. 
Because whenever the good times are here, it always feels as if time should just freeze here.

But then, there is something else that is happening. All the wrong people are coming forward to take the credit for it, claiming they always wished the very best for me. But, in my heart know how those are the people who did everything they could to bring me down when I was in turmoil. They never bothered to lend me a hand to help or a shoulder to calm me when I was going through the worst phase.
Those were the people who were busy at that time making sure their selfish reasons and occasions were the only things taken care for.
Sorry, folks, not this time in my life. I just cannot do it. I have done it all my life, ignoring all the wrongs you did. But I am just done.

Just me and me only know who were my own, who helped me bring this day for myself. And they have been too modest to even mention it. 
And I owe it to myself to let them know.
And for now, I just want to live these moments, because they are too precious for me to lose them. 

I don't think anyone other than Gulzar could have put it more beautifully as these lyrics, what I am feeling:

Ae zindagi yeh lamha jee lene de
pehle se likha kuch bhi nahin
Roz naya kuch likhti hai tu
Jo bhi likha hai, dil se jiya hai
Yeh lamha filhaal jee lene de 

Maasoom si hasi, bevaja hi kabhi
Honton pe khil jaati hai
Anjaan si khushi baheti hui kabhi
Saahil pe mil jaati hai
Yeh anjaana sa darr ajnabi hai magar
Khoobsurat hai jee lene de
Yeh lamha filhaal jee lene de 

Dil hi mein rehta hai, aankhon mein baheta hai
Kaccha sa ek khwaab hai
Lagta sawaal hai, shaayad jawaab hai
Dil phir bhi betaab hai
Yeh sukun hai to hai, yeh junoon hai to hai
Khoobsurat hai jee lene de
Yeh lamha filhaal jee lene de ...
Oh, pehle se likha kuch bhi nahin
Roz naya kuch, oh likhti hai tu
Jo bhi likha hai, dil se jiya hai
Yeh lamha filhaal jee lene de ...


And Listen to the beautiful song here:



8 comments:

MindfulMeanderer said...

:) Love that song..
Wish u many happy moments. Just glad that things are working out so well for u.

Smita said...

Be happy :)

And you r right we ourselves are responsbile for our happiness :)

writerzblock said...

Very happy to know you are happy :-) Ignore those who claim credit. I bet even they know they don't deserve it, and are feeling guilty for not having helped you when you needed it, so they are trying to salvage the situation by claiming a slice of happiness now :-) Take care...

Renu said...

happy to know that you are finding something you wished for !!.enjoy the moment forgetting everything else:)

ES said...

The song is nice, but I was not able to guess if it is a happy song or a sad song! Both the music and the expressions are neither happy, nor sad! Maybe as you mentioned in the post, it was happiness after a period of grief! Need to see the movie to understand! BTW which movie is this song from?

Dil se said...

@MM: Thanks a lot!!
@Smita:Yes,very true!!

Dil se said...

@writerzblock: Thanks. You are very right. I am trying to just put everything behind and enjoy the moment.
@Renu: Welcome back after a long time and Thanks.

Dil se said...

@ES: Welcome to my place. And you are right, the song is kind of in contemplative mood. It is from the movie Filhaal.