Friday, July 9, 2010

What do you think?

I am a big fan of Dr Gupta and I often read his columns on CNN's website. This recent column fom him caught my eyes and made me think:
CNN Article by Dr Sanjay Gupta

I can understand his delimna as he is torn between his feelings as a doctor and as a dad himself.

I strongly feel that the woman does have the right to see his kids and even the kids should have the opportunity to know the person responsible for bringing them into this world, before it is too late, given her condition.

And I am sure, seeing her kids, knowing them, getting to hold them,will make a big difference for her, not only emotionally, but psychologically as well.

I am still confused about the motives and feelings of her husband who has divorced her and wants the kids to not meet their mother. I mean, where were all these thoughts and concerns of him when he opted for the IVF procedure?

What do you all think?

Should this disabled mom be kept from kids? Do the kids have the right to know who their mother is and what her story was?

2 comments:

shilpa said...

I think she should be allowed to see her kids. They can cope with it.

Shilpa Garg said...

How tragic!!
Oh, the kids should be allowed to meet and know their mother.
May be they are too young to understand the gravity of her condition but love conquers all. Meeting their mother will in no way harm/hurt the kids!!