Thursday, April 29, 2010

Yaad Nahin

Found this in my collection of old CDs and instantly fell in love with this ghazal all over again.
So much so that it starts playing as soon as I get into the car and keeps playing till I am totally out of my car, with my stuff !!
Only Jagjit Singh could have done ultimate justice with these mesmerizing lyrics:

yaad nahi … yaad nahi
yaad nahi kya kya dhekha dha saare manzar bhool gaye(2)
Uski galiyom se jab loutte apna bhi ghar bhool gaye
yaad nahi … yaad nahi….

Khoob gaye pardhes ki apne dheevaaro dhar bhool gaye(2)
Sheeshmahal ne aisa ghera mitti ke ghar bhool gaye
Uski galiyom se jab loutte apna bhi ghar bhool gaye
yaad nahi … yaad nahi….

Thujhko bhi jab apni kasme apne vayade yaad nahi(2)
Hum bhi apne khaab theri aankhom mei rakh kar bhool gaye
Uski galiyom se jab loutte apna bhi ghar bhool gaye
yaad nahi … yaad nahi….

Mujhko jinhomne khathl kiya hai koyi unhei bathlaye nazir(2)
Meri laash ke pahloo mein wo apna khanjar bhool gaye
Uski galiyom se jab loutte apna bhi ghar bhool gaye
yaad nahi … yaad nahi….

Enjoy the song here, which I dedicate to one of my long lost friends, whom I got to speak during my last trip to India. Somehow, listening to this song brought back a lot of my memories.



Enjoy !!
PS: Lyrics courtesy of http://old.musicindiaonline.com/lr/9/1422/

4 comments:

MindfulMeanderer said...

lovely. his voice has this majical soothing power. loved it.

Kanupriya said...

hey there, loved your first try on "55 words" in your earlier post. It was quite nice :).
And if any song is from jagjit singh, it has to be GOOD!

Jennifer said...

I like his all gazals and i love his this gazal too.

Reverse Phone Lookup

Dil se said...

@MM: Very true !! I just love all his compositions.
@Kanu: thanks so much for the appreciation on my first try on 55 words. And, yes, 100% agreed on Jagjit Singh :-)
@Jennifer: Welcome to the blog. Glad we share a love !!