Monday, January 18, 2010

Why, Oh Why?


Why, Oh why does it happen that:


a) On weekdays, I am making lists of things to do on Weekends and on Sunday, I am making lists of things to do on weekdays?

b) I get to spend more time with my son on the days when he gets sick or in case of inclement weather but not on regular weekends?

c) The things/people I want to forget, I can never forget them and when I want to remember deadline for one important thing (renew library DVDs, pay my bills), I tend to forget that?

d) Why does even an hour of Me time for myself come with so much of guilt? "Should I go today or may be some time later?""Will he be okay? Will he look for me?""Will he eat his lunch okay without me?""He won't cry, will he?"

e) I start my conversation with my mom as "Bus sub as usual hai maa !!" And then we talk for like hours about all the unusual things going on in our life !!


Does it happen to you too?

8 comments:

MindfulMeanderer said...

oh yes it does!! U r like my soul sister!! :)

Dil se said...

@MM: Really !! So it's not just me, feeling like weird out there :-)

Antarman said...

it is the same with everybody:) except that one shouldnt feel guilty for me time..I am also the list person..forever mmaking lists, but then thats what makes us so meticulous and organised.

MindfulMeanderer said...

Your entries for the artsy-craftsy are up here http://mindfull-meanderings.blogspot.com/2010/01/artsy-craftsy-jan2010.html . Do cast ur vote & ask ur friends to vote too!

Swaram said...

LOL .. ghar ghar ki kahaani :P
Loved the observations a and e ;) ;)

Sara said...

Women,all women are the same...its the sisterhood :)

Dil se said...

@Antarman:True, we should not feel guilty about the me time, and still I do at times !! That'sthe reason my question, why?
@MM:Thanks !Loved the contest and already voted.
@Swaram: Thanks.
@Sara: Am glad, so now I can relax and consider myself "one of the crowd" :-)

Antarman said...

We feel guilty because we are conditioned to think always about others, thinking about ourselves is sin:)